Thursday, August 12, 2010

Unpacking

I am making slow progress with unpacking my J5 Collection, since I have been having to work and, you know, unpack other parts of the house, like the kitchen. But I thought I'd show you what I've done so far.

The Off the Wall standee was the easiest thing to unpack, but that's not why I unpacked it first. I've had it for ages, but I've never had enough room to have it out. I know it's post-J5 era, but I love it and it's one of my favorite collectibles. (As you can see, the magazines have not yet been unpacked.)


Because I am a librarian, the first major part of the collection I got unpacked and organized were the books, of course! I'm lucky that the room has built-in shelves for books and cds, right next to the Dancing Machine (a.k.a. my computer).



I'm still working on unpacking the cds, though. I'll need an entire shelf just for compilations. It's the curse of the completist collector.



I've got the 45s all unpacked (hey, it was a lot of work to set those boxes on the shelves!), and am about 1/3 of the way through unpacking the vinyl LPs. It's amazing how vinyl still retains its smell after 40 years. This will be the vinyl corner, with drawers for vinyl's poor cousins, the audiotape family -- reel-to-reel, 8-track, and cassette.



I'll keep you posted as I make more progress. I can't wait to get some pictures on these walls -- although I doubt they will ever rival the 1972 bedroom wall of ChiDrummer.

4 comments:

  1. So fabulous to see your unpacking unfolding and to see what a collection looks like. The Off the Wall stand up.....JEALOUS!!!! That is when I fell back in love with Michael after thinking I was a grownup--married, past all that childish stuff. LOL!!!

    Roberta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeow, the smell of vinyl, and those old paperbacks you got. What a wonderland you're building

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see you've even got LaToya's book... You really ARE a completeist!!

    The word verification for this post was: taloseda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good eyes! I've even got Margaret's book, right next to LaToya's. Pretty trashy, but it has some nice pictures of Jermaine.

    ReplyDelete